- This event has passed.
South Platte River Clean-up
April 23, 2016 @ 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
For the past several years, over 200 rafters, kayakers, cyclists and pedestrians have come together and successfully removed over 2 TONS of garbage from Denver’s South Platte River corridor. The event has received local and regional attention as the best river stewardship event in the Metro area. This year, Colorado Whitewater, in partnership with Down River Equipment, and Confluence Kayaks is presenting the 11th annual South Platte River Clean-up, and we need your help to make it the MOST SUCCESSFUL YEAR YET!
When: Saturday, April 23rd
Time: 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Registration: Starts at 11:00
- On the Water: 12:00 – 4:00
- After Party: 5:00 – 8:00 at Denver Beer Company (Click for map)
- Put In/Registration: S.W. Corner of Florida Ave. & S. Platte River Dr. near Ruby Hill Park (Click link for map)
- Parking for Put-In: Parking lot just East of S. Platte River Dr. on Florida (Click link for map)
- Take Out: Fishback Park or City of Cuernavaca Park (Click link for map)
Shuttle Information: Complementary shuttles will be available on the day of the event to facilitate participant transport from each put-in and take-out.
After Party: We have a private room reserved for all participants at the Denver Beer Company from 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm. Local food trucks will be on site while we swap stories from the day, and refuel after a great day giving back to the river.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER (Register by April 9th to be guaranteed a FREE T-Shirt)