February 2020 Meeting Minutes
Below are the February 2020 meeting minutes.
Board Reports and Introductions
- No change in the treasury report
- The secretary described January’s meeting minutes
City Council District 7
In the absence of our Police Community Resource Officer, Tate Carpenter provided the most recent crime stats. She also gave several updates from Jolon Clark’s office:
- City planners are nearing completion of a broad overhaul of the Denver Zoning Code’s residential use regulations that will increase housing opportunities and flexibility for all residents. Details on the next Group Living Project Open House taking place on February 22nd can be found here.
- Happy Hour with Councilman Clark February 19 6-8pm at Cafe Chihuahua
Denver Transportation & Infrastructure
Mike King, Associate City Planner for the City of Denver spoke briefly about the Jewell Bike Lane being planned. An Open House about the bike lane was being held concurrently with our meeting. View the flyer (PDF)
Office of Special Events (OSE)
Jill Lis, Communications and Outreach Specialist with the Office of Special Events (OSE) at the City and County of Denver spoke about city processes and procedures related to public events held on public property.
- OSE is a service agency – they help people who want to hold an event on public property (parks, or on the streets, sidewalks, and alleys), discuss scope, activities, tickets, alcohol sales and help identify city agencies they need to coordinate with
- OSE works with communities and RNOs to let them know impacts of events being held in their areas
- Any concerns or inquiries about events in the neighborhood can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plan to contact OSE 90 days ahead of time
Stephany Spalding, Candidate for US Senate
Neighbor Marilyn Stranske spoke on behalf of Stephany Spalding, who couldn’t make it from Colorado Springs.
International Rescue Committee
Denver Community Active Living Coalition
Phuong Tran, Community Connector with Denver Community Active Living Coalition, spoke about a grant they are applying for from the Colorado Health Foundation. The grant would provide funding to put in amenities like exercise or play equipment, mile markers, etc., in Sanderson Gulch Park. Ms. Tran has a survey soliciting our neighborhood’s feedback on how we use the park and what amenities or features we would want to see in it. Find the survey here.
Jorge Eguiarte from EG Studio is applying for rezoning for a parcel of land on the 1200 block of Mariposa. He sent a letter out to neighbors in that area, and wanted to make himself available for questions. He will be on the agenda for an upcoming meeting to discuss the rezoning and answer additional questions.
Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
David Richter, Chair of the Denver Parks & Recreation Advisory Board and representative for District 7 introduced himself and expressed a desire to visit more of the RNO meetings in our district to hear the concerns and questions of the community in regards to Denver Parks and Rec.
Ruby Hill Soapbox
- Paul – Bungee Bootcamp Tue/Thur 6:30pm $5 a class
- Joyce – talked about Community Ministry’s evening food pantry Wednesdays 6-7:30pm and about their fundraiser in April, a casino night at All Saints Catholic Church
- Brandy – talked about proper disposal of paint
View the Facebook Live video for the February 2020 meeting here.
Handouts from the Meeting
Click to enlarge.[rl_gallery id=”32440″]