Sanderson Gulch Stormwater Improvements
Update from the project’s June 24 newsletter:
- S. Lipan Street at W. Arkansas Avenue is scheduled to reopen on July 3, 2019.
- Sidewalk installation and final paving of S. Lipan Street is scheduled for the week of June 24, 2019.
- S. Platte River Drive will close on July 3 between S. Huron Street and W. Florida Avenue as soon as S. Lipan Street is open. Local access to S. Huron and S. Inca Streets from S. Platte River Drive will be maintained.
- S. Platte River Drive will remain closed until completion of the project in late summer 2019.
- There will be no work on site July 4-5 for the national holiday.
The Sanderson Gulch Stormwater Improvements is a Denver Public Works project in Ruby Hill. From their project information:
The Sanderson Gulch construction project between S. Lipan Street and S. Platte River Drive will reduce flood risk to nearby properties, improve water quality flowing into the South Platte River and create a more pleasant public area for the community to enjoy. The project involves installing larger storm drainage pipes to provide greater protection during bigger storm events, and a naturalized channel to manage and clean water during smaller storm events. The project will take approximately 12 months to complete.
S. Lipan Street between S. Platte River Drive and W. Arkansas Avenue will be closed during most of the project.